11 low-calorie lunches, all 300 calories or less!
Lunch can be that awkward meal of the day where you’re either unsure of what to eat or are afraid you’ll eat too much while out or at work. The easiest thing to do is to prep ahead of time so you know exactly how many calories you’re eating along with the other important macronutrients like protein, carbs and fat. If you’re still unsure what a low-calorie lunch should look like, check out these 11 lunches that are all under 300 calories. You’ll definitely see that eating within calorie restrictions actually isn’t all that restrictive. You still get a lot of delicious food that works with your body instead of against it.
1. Skinny Taco Stuffed Peppers: You lessen the calories and carbs just by eliminating the shell for this delicious lunch. The pepper is your bowl stuffed with lean ground turkey, taco seasoning and salsa. You can even add some of your favorite taco toppers and still not worry about the calorie count. get the recipe!
2. Chicken Fried Rice: This Asian–inspired recipe features protein-rich foods along with the classic flavors of the orient. Your chicken and brown rice will come to life when thrown together with soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil. What’s nice is that you can make this dish with plenty of leftovers to enjoy for a few more lunches.
3. Philly Cheese Turkey Sloppy Joe: The problem with most sloppy Joes is that they are high in fat and even higher in calories. But not here. A multigrain bun, ground turkey and reduced-fat cheese make this favorite both healthy and delicious.
4. Skinny Chick-Fil-A Sandwich: Fast food is often the go-to for lunch when you’re short on time. Well, here is a healthy makeover for a popular purchase. Aside from the chicken, egg, skim milk and your choice of flour (coconut, almond or oat are great options), the many spices and seasonings gives this sandwich so much flavor it’s hard to believe it’s low in calories.
5. Turkey Wrap with Apples and Brie: This easy to make lunch is short on ingredients, but big on taste. Take a whole wheat or whole grain wrap, add your favorite turkey, a few apple slices, some brie and mix it with a homemade honey mustard dressing. You will almost certainly feel like you just ate a fancy store-bought sandwich when enjoying this lunch.
6. Shrimp Caesar Salad: You can enjoy yummy Caesar dressing without all the extra calories – just make your own homemade! This lunch is so good it will change your mind about store bought dressings for good. The flavors are fresh and satisfying.